Contact Your State and Federal Officials
Speak up! Let the decision makers know how you feel!
Bureau of Mine Reclamation
Colonel Paul L. Grosskruger
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
701 San Marco Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32207
904-232-2234 or 1-800-291-9405
J. I. Palmer Jr., Region 4 Administrator
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Sam Nunn Atlanta Federal Center
61 Forsyth Street SW
Atlanta, GA 30303
404-562-8357 or 1-800-241-1754
Let the decision makers know:
- That "business as usual" just won't work any more.
- That Florida's environment has considerable economic value and that failed phosphate reclamation is not acceptable.
- That the Citizens of Florida will not longer pay for the economic failures of the phosphate industry.
- That, if phosphate wants to strip mine Florida, they must have the economic guarantees in place to ensure successful reclamation.
- That drinking water supplies, Horse Creek, the Peace River and Charlotte Harbor are too valuable to risk without financial security from Mosaic.
- That YOU, personally, are unwilling to risk the livelihood, quality of life and environment of those who depend on the Peace River Basin, without guarantees of financial security, environmental restoration and protection for drinking water supplies.
Thank you for taking action!